Enter your eMail-address to subscribe to this blog's newsletter:
Join 91 other followers
Drain everything in your garden of water that might be damaged by sudden frosts.
Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Use nets to cover up ponds, this will prevent leaves and other things from polluting the water.
Continue to water and deadhead hanging baskets but stop feeding them.
You can plant trees and shrubs now, remember, if there is not sufficient rain you need to water…a lot.
Camellias and rhododendrons are thirsty plants! Make sure to give them a good soak every now and then.
Give your soil a boost by applying green manure! Then scatter seeds over it and water it well!
01dd0g is discussing. Toggle Comments
All things need water to thrive :)
Did you know:
• There are nearly 1 billion people in the world that don’t have clean, safe water.
• The women and children that collect water spend approximately 40 billion hours getting it.
• This detracts from their ability to do other work, or get an education.
• It takes $20 to supply one of these people with a clean water supply.
• Each dollar spent provides an economic return of $12.
• Not least because of the drop in medical care and infant mortality.
• Can you spare a single dollar for this campaign to bring clean water to 50,000 people?
• That’s less than a third of the price of a cup of coffee.
• All money goes to providing water not to admin costs or profit.
If you can’t spare a single dollar, please pass this message on to others that might.
Ponds and water features should be kept topped up at all times.
Have you thought about installing an automatic watering system? It is more comfortable to use and saves water!
Bird baths should be kept full, your feathered friends will surely thank you!
Growing fruits need a lot of water to develop properly. You should water your fruit trees often.
← Older posts
Blog at WordPress.com. Customized P2 Theme.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.